Osteopathy is a safe and natural therapy which focuses on the framework of the body consisting of the bones, ligaments, muscles and connective tissues. Osteopaths assess the condition of this musculo-skeletal system looking for areas of weakness, imbalance and excessive strain. These potential problem points in the system determine how well the body functions and therefore have an influence on general health.
What can Osteopathy be used to treat?
Osteopaths are best known for the successful treatment of back problems and joint complaints. However, as osteopaths are interested in the whole of the musculo-skeletal system it means many other conditions can be treated.
Sportspeople can come along with their injured knees and shoulders, children can benefit from treatment relating to growth pains and strains, and osteopathic treatment aimed at improving the mechanics of the body automatically influences things such as lymphatic function, blood and nerve supply as well as functioning of the internal organs.
For further details of the type of conditions treated check the Mulberry Osteopaths website at www.mulberryosteopath.co.uk
What your consult and treatment will involve
Your initial consultation allows time for:
- a full case history, including details of your present problems and past medical history.
- a physical examination to help determine what the underlying problem may be.
- an explanation of what the case history and examination reveals about your problem and the most probable cause(s).
- an assessment of what the most appropriate treatment regime would be.
- a chance for you to ask any questions.
- your first treatment, if appropriate given the outcome of the consultation.
Advice before and after treatment
Patients are also encouraged to improve their own condition so osteopathic treatment maybe backed up with self help exercise, hydrotherapy techniques, and postural advice. Not only will these speed recovery but should also help to prevent a recurrence of the same problem.
We have a team of four Osteopaths at Mulberry House who provide appointments all week except Sundays. All our Osteopaths are registered with the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC). For further information about the Mulberry Osteopaths and Osteopathy visit www.mulberryosteopath.co.uk